Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Where have we been?

I've been letting circumstances dictate the outcome of my situation, rather than taking initiative and getting things done myself.

It's not a perm; they're all natural: a little mousse,
scrunching under the hair dryer...humidity...and "Voila!" My new 'do. I got tired of blow drying it straight, only to have the moisture in the air bring out a curl or wave that turned the wrong way, so I went back to a simpler style. And I needed a change.

No luck in finding a house yet. I am just so picky, and I don't want to settle, but I may have to. We may rent a house till we find one to buy. There's a cute four-bedroom around the corner that we applied for. The owners said if we wanted to repaint in "[our] colors" then they'll buy the paint and we do the work. Not so bad. It has a nice back yard with a tree and a place to plant another one. Flower beds in front that need to be mulched and possibly replanted. No problem. We're just waiting to hear back and see if they picked us. To be honest, I won't be heartbroken if they choose another family. I don't know where we'd put everything.

Preparing for that damn GRE is slow-going as well. I need to get my bum in gear and get my education back on track.

I'm just trying to get used to the slow pace of everything around here...except the weather. Last night's thunderstorm moved in and out pretty fast, but the lighthing lingered, so we kept the computers shut down and sat up the the kids for a while. Gabby is afraid of thunder and lightning. I can't hold it against her since I was afraid of loud noises as a child, and still sometimes get jumpy. This morning, except the much cooler temperatures, the storm that went through was hardly noticeable.

Aside from all the boring news, we're waiting for the phone call from our oldest daughter, letting us know it's time to get on the road and head to Nashville. She's scheduled for a C-section on the 12th, but she's already have small contractions. If I were a betting person, I'd say we're going to have an Easter granddaughter.

Her birth will take our minds off the news that one of our cats we left behind walked a little too close to the edge and was killed by the neighbor's dogs. Puck always did have one paw in the his grave between fighting off other cats and chasing big dogs out of the yard. The other cat isn't doing well, and we may have to go get her.

That being said, life is what it is, and I'm struggling to regain some control over mine without disappointing my loved ones.

So

Happy Spring! There really is such a season in existence. Who knew? I hope you have a Happy Easter!


The Atlantic Ocean and a beach in Fernardina, Florida.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home